Monday 16 June 2014

Maida Vale - New CD Reviews Coming Soon - Album Recording

Just a quick update on what's been going on and what is to be happening soon.

Maida Vale

Last week I went to see the BBC Symphony Orchestra play at Maida Vale. The programme was a series of pieces by Swedish composers, with two of the composers including Gothe being present for the concert to introduce their pieces.

The tickets were free through the bbc website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/tickets/. They often have concerts, tv shows and all other kinds of things available so see which you can get tickets for just by registering to be with a chance of getting free tickets for a great variety of shows (there are a lot in London).

I have been to a few shows this way and all have been fantastic. I would strongly recommend that you check out the website and see what is coming soon to apply for tickets.

----------

CD Reviews

I have been in touch with a lot of local acts and will be writing a lot of EP/LP reviews over the next few weeks. These include:

Half Crown - Everything Goes LP
Carrie Tree - Home to the Invisible LP
Fools Empire - This Is Not For You EP
InMe - Destinations EP
Wild Rivers - All The Lights LP
Ed Prosek - Willow Tree EP
Phoria - Display EP
Jacko Hooper - For You EP

It looks like it will be a very good few weeks of listening for me!

----------

Album Recording

On the 23rd June, I will be heading back to Bangor/Anglesey to record an album with my good friend Will Roberts. He was a course-mate whilst I was studying Music and Creative Writing at Bangor University and is a very talented producer, guitarist, pianist, vocalist and all round musician. He is currently playing in a band called Doll Circus as well as doing his solo project, called The Skyward Lemons. Check them out. I'm really excited to be returning to my university city, host my old open mic once more and record this new record with Will's help. Should hopefully have something to bring back with me to see at gigs.
----------
First of the EP/LP reviews to follow soon. Keep up to date on here on follow me on @tomsayeruk 

No comments:

Post a Comment